Secure Message Broadcast for Incident Response Now Available!
Date: 31 Oct 2018 Category :
CommsLock are proud to announce that the Salt Enterprise 10.1 release includes a highly strategic new feature alongside some very important application improvements across the Salt IM app.
Encrypted Message Broadcasting for Incident Response
Do you need your staff to respond quickly to an emergency? Want to notify all users of the latest company update? This broadcasting and incident response feature will allow a limited number of trusted individuals within an organization to transmit critical time sensitive information to selected specialist groups, dispersed teams allocated to a strategic assignment, geographically dispersed operators in hostile and remote regions, blanket surveillance teams tracking multiple connected targets, or the entire employee headcount of an organization. The message broadcasting feature is a key tool in consistent, rapid, and efficient response by providing all concerned parties with the same required response and information related to a developing situation.
Broadcast messages can be labelled with a specific ‘severity’ level to highlight level of threat, and the need to react and thus clearly instruct the recipients on the required responses and context.
The use cases are broad for this feature across multiple incident types and sectors, some samples:
- Law enforcement – managing civil distrurbance in urban areas and policing demonstrations: The feature allows immediate notification of dispersed teams managain the same situation for the need to converge on a developing or in progress incident at a specific location;
- Medics in Mass Gatherings – in the event of medical emergency specialists who are not at the specific crisis point but are in the locality can be notified and the appropriately qualified first responders for the the specific need can be broadcast notified to ensure the speediest response by the most appropriate personnel qualified to deal with the specific medical emergency;
- Outbound Marketing Communciations and PR Crisis Management – during a negative breaking news cycle or during a period of high intensity public and media interest (new product releases, partnership announcement, candidates announced by political parties during election cycles) scripts for employees, partners, and associates can be instantly transmitted globally to ensure consistency of commentary and response to media enquiries across the global footprint and the same scripts can be regularly amended to deal with an evolving situation thus giving a consistency of response across the entire organisation – a key aspect of managing credibility;
- Cybersecurity Breaches – once identified and before proliferation employees of organizations can be informed of the threat, the signals of the threat, and instructed over Message Broadcast to adopt the necessary counter measures and so on.
Improvements have also been made across the iOS and Android clients, allowing more effective notification handling, as well as major bug fixes around message burning, guest invites, duplicate attachments fixes, and functional group chat improvements.
The following are the most notable features and improvements included in the 10.1 release:
- Message Broadcasting now available (iOS & Android).
- App crash fixes; when inviting guest on Android & when searching and the selecting a contact on iOS.
- Group chat improvements; when disbanded group could not be deleted, and when last user have the option to delete the group.
Please find attached the latest release notes in the DOWNLOADABLE PDFs section for this update which highlight all of the associated new features, fixes, and improvements associated.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the CommsLock team or specifically our Marketing Communications team on email@example.com