SaaS and On-Premise Deployment Options
CommsLock offer flexible deployment options for Android or iOS mobile devices or Windows and macOS on desktop either as a:
Software As A Service (SaaS) or through an On-Premise Deployment:
SaaS – Provided as a service with no additional hardware requirements. Customer administrators are granted access via a web portal.
On-Premise – For the On-Premise Deployment, the Communication Management Software is a virtualized software component and is usually provided as an Open Virtual Application (OVA) and licensed as part of the installation process.
On Premise Installation Hardware and Network Requirements
The following hardware and network requirements only apply if the customer wishes to install the platform within their own environment.
- Processor: 8 core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
- Memory: 16 GB
- Hard Drive: 1TB
With the platform installed, and configured for licensing and DNS, then the administrator must also open network ports to allow access from clients and for remote support and administration:
- HTTPS (443) for remote support and maintenance from development address
- XMPP (5223) for all addresses
- STUN/TURN (3478) for all addresses
- Access to a transactional email service and an SMS sending account are required for invite message distribution.
- An externally visible hostname, resolving to the newly installed virtual appliance: example: securecomms.yourcompany.com
- An SSL certificate linked to the hostname.